commons-user mailing list archives

From "Oliver Chua" <oliverc...@softhome.net>
Subject Incompatible Validation Javascript with JWebunit
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2004 10:06:55 GMT
I've recently migrated from Struts 1.1 to Struts 1.2.4
I'm using jwebUnit for functional testing of my struts app.
(JwebUnit 1.2 dependent on HttpUnit 1.5.4 and Rhino 1.5R4.1 I think)

After I migrated, some of my functional tests failed.
It objects to the getAttributeNode method in the generated javascript.
This is for the part that is generated when the javascript attribute
is set to true. (i.e.  function validateFloatRange(form), etc. )

There is no issue when using Internet Explorer, as its javascript engine can
handle it.
However, to make my JWebUnit tests run, I have to turn off javascript.
I realize this is the new version of the javascript part of the validator.
But, is there a way to make the static javascript part compatible with
jWebUnit, maybe the old version will stil work when plugged in?