commons-user mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans>
Subject [Lang] reflectionToString on large objectgraphs
Date Fri, 10 Sep 2004 09:02:31 GMT

I am trying to get something useful out of
ToStringBuilder.reflectionToString() for my purpose. The objects i am
trying to display are generated from a database schema. Some of them are
in a many-to-many relationship, which does not help when trying to
display some of the objects with the ToStringBuilder. Eg: a building has
a one or more category and a category can belong to one or more
buildings. (try this with about 20000 buildings and 40 categories)

I know i can limit the introspection by superclass but as these are all
POJO's so that doesn't really help me. Is there another way around this?
Something like "traverse the object graph only in one direction" or
"exclude method xyz" from traversal ?

Jorg Heymans

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: