commons-user mailing list archives

From "Ricardo Trindade" <ricardo.trind...@emation.pt>
Subject [Beanutils] Getting nested properties
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2004 10:45:41 GMT
Hi,

	I'm trying to use beanutils (through Validator), to get a nested property.
In my example, I'm trying to get property test1.testt2 from an Hashtable.

	value = PropertyUtils.getProperty(bean, "test1.test2");

	I get this exception from Beanutils :

ERROR validator.ValidatorAction - Unhandled exception thrown during
org.apache.commons.beanutils.NestedNullException: Null property value for
'automationFramework'
	at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtilsBean.getNestedProperty(PropertyUti
lsBean.java:669)
	at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtilsBean.getProperty(PropertyUtilsBean
.java:715)
	at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils.getProperty(PropertyUtils.java:29
0)
	at
org.apache.commons.validator.util.ValidatorUtils.getValueAsString(ValidatorU
tils.java:105)

	How can I tell beanutils that I'm not interested in test1 ?

thanks
Ricardo