commons-user mailing list archives

From "Ricardo Trindade" <ricardo.trind...@emation.pt>
Subject [Validator] trouble using validator standalone
Date Mon, 20 Sep 2004 16:37:18 GMT
Hi,

	I' having troubles using commons-validator (latest release, also tried
today's snapshot) without struts.

	Specifically I tried the code in CVS that can be reached through the FAQ
item :
	http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/ValidatorStandalone

	I couldn't understand why this examples uses Validators from the test
package, instead of using, for example, GenericValidator. I tried to change
the example to use GenericValidator, but validating my bean always fails.

	My XML (header removed):

<form-validation>
	<global>
		<validator name="inteiros"
classname="org.apache.commons.validator.GenericValidator" method="isInt"
methodParams="java.lang.String" msg="errors.int"/>
	</global>
	<formset>
		<form name="ValidateBean">
			<field property="firstName" depends="inteiros"/>
		</form>
	</formset>
</form-validation>

thanks