commons-user mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: Computing values for f(x,y) [math]
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2004 21:27:03 GMT
Fernando,

Commons-Math, I think, is looking for an open-source contribution for
formulae... there are several around. (e.g. HartMath).
That's not sufficient anyways, you want to have input-syntax parsing...

At least to combine these two purposes, I've assembled something called
JomeConsole which should contain what you want...
- Jome is a GUI component but can also simply be used to convert a
linear  syntax into OpenMath
- the OpenMath is then used by an evaluator to compute values...
currently the evaluator is quite rudimentary (integer +,-,*,/) but
that's easy to extend...
See http://www.activemath.org/projects/client/JomeConsole/
(note the downloads are wrong there... use the cvs checkout!)

JomeConsole is under MPL, Jome is under LGPL, JDOM is also used, under
a BSD-like, as well as the Inria OpenMath library.

hope that'll help.

paul