commons-user mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <>
Subject Re: [Jelly] How to do multi-document xpath selections
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2004 21:48:42 GMT
Why does the following not work, supposing docs is a list of documents ?

<j:new var="results" className="java.util.ArrayList"/>
<j:forEach items="${docs}" var="doc">
   <x:set var="result" select="$doc/myX/p/a/th"/>

results is now the set of all your results...

There's one assumption here which is dangerous: result should be a list!
For this, xml-taglib's SetTag should be enhanced. Currently, it already
considers when single="true" that the result should be a single node
and not a list, it doesn't force, when single="false", to put things in
a list. That's not very big... I could do it soon probably.

Does this answer your question ?

Le 8 sept. 04, à 17:54, Marc DEXET a écrit :

> Hello.
> I'm trying to use jelly (once again) to run xpath selection on several
> document input, but I don't succeed.
> Anybody have a trail to follow ?
> Thanks.
> Marc DeXeT