commons-user mailing list archives

From "Ron Jones" <>
Subject [Configuration] Newbie question on <addidtional>
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2004 17:08:39 GMT
This is an interesting and useful package. I'm hoping someone can help me
understand the <additional> tag a little better.

The documentation states ...
"It is possible to specify in the configuration definition file that from a
set of configuration sources a logic union configuration is to be
constructed. Then all properties defined in the provided sources are
collected and can be accessed as if they had been defined in a single

As I understand it, this tag allows serveral configs to be treated as one
logical unit. In addition, anything outside this tag (i.e. under
<configuration>) overrides whatever is in <additional>. With all that in
mind, what the difference between just putting everything under the
tag. The order under the <configuration> tag in effect dictates the override

The only difference I can see is that the <additional> tag offers the
opportunity to use the "at" attribute.

SmartScreen Technology.

first two months FREE*.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: