commons-user mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Jelly and a new beta release
Date Sun, 12 Sep 2004 17:03:25 GMT
a few comments (in no particular order)...

allowing tag libraries to declare bindings sounds like the way to go.
in addition to the advantages already outlined, it might allow the
possibility of generate a concrete binding implementation for a tag
library. generated bindings are quicker than dynamic ones that use
reflection.

there are two real parts to beanutils: the bean query language and the
conversions. i suspect that since jelly has JEXL, it doesn't need to
use the beanutils bean query language. does anyone know whether this is
correct?

it'd probably be better to factor the bridging conversion code into
jelly (rather than beanutils). that way, anyone who wants to create a
tag library that uses some custom mechanism can do so more easier. this
would allow a jelly specific interface rather than a generic one.

- robert