commons-user mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Digester: XML self references
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2004 18:40:23 GMT
On 31 Aug 2004, at 23:02, Simon Kitching wrote:
> Hi Michail,

<snip>

> Regarding the suggestion itself: have you looked at the existing
> xmlrules module for digester? And if so, what are you looking for that
> xmlrules doesn't do?

it might be that michail's proposing the use of a processing
instruction to specify the binding rules to use. the one issue with
using processing instructions is that it seems to me that there are
likely to be all sorts of wrinkles concerning paths.

a comprehensive approach (probably rule based) to processing
instructions is something that digester lacks (but it's not really an
itch of mine)...

- robert