commons-user mailing list archives

From Ihab Awad <ihab.a...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Clazz] Is anybody maintaining this?
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2004 22:16:48 GMT
My fellow commoners,

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 16:35:30 -0400, Gary Gregory
<ggregory@seagullsoftware.com> wrote:
> I am jumping into this a little late but I would just like to offer that
> if there are features someone needs from [clazz], perhaps we should
> consider them for [lang]?

Thank you all for the enlightening debate.

My interest in this has to do with my work on the following --

  http://favabeans.sourceforge.net/

which got axed due to lack of funding at a previous employer.

One of the major parts of this framework is a metadata system whereby
views can be bound to model objects. Any further work on the framework
would require at least *some* revamping of the metadata system, and I
was looking at the use of [clazz] as a good way to inject some fresh
blood into the whole thing.

If [clazz] were to support multiple inheritance, it would allow me to
bind a view (or view attribute, or whatever) to an interface, and have
it picked up by all implementing classes. Hence my original question.

I am not certain whether I do or don't have time to work on FavaBeans
at the moment. On the other hand, if someone who has or had an
interest in [clazz] finds FavaBeans interesting and wishes to pursue
it with me, that would be lovely, and I would encourage them to drop
me a line.

I hope this puts things into perspective. Thank you all very much for
your input. Peace,

Ihab