commons-user mailing list archives

From Flavio Tordini <>
Subject [FileUpload] FileItem enhancements
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2004 17:00:47 GMT
hi all,
I'm using FileUpload in a project of mine ( ). I end up using the FileItem interface
with the JSP EL. It's really nice because most FileItem properties
have javabean getter methods so you can do ${fileItem.fieldName}

There is only one glitch: the get() method which returns a byte array
does not follow the javabean naming so it is not available in the EL.
It would be cool to have something like getBytes().

Another suggestion is to add a getReader() method to return a Reader.

In the meantime I'll try to use a custom FileItem implementation but
it would be nice to have this changes in the FileItem interface.

A big THANK YOU to the FileUpload developers!

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message