commons-user mailing list archives

From Dan Yoder <...@zeraweb.com>
Subject [jelly][jelly:xml] problem adding attributes to elements in jelly:xml
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2004 14:53:25 GMT
The following jelly xml is generating an exception. I've tried both
Jelly:XML 20040613 and 1.0 in the Maven repository. I haven't been able
to find an example so I'm not sure if perhaps I am misunderstanding the
intent or usage of these tags. My goal is produce an element named
"am:findById" with an attribute named "encodingStyle", i.e.

<am:findById encodingStyle="...">

I am trying to do this dynamically because the element name will
ultimately be a variable, but I am still just trying to get the
x:element / x:attribute combo to work correctly without that wrinkle.
Here is the Jelly code fragment:

            <x:element name="am:findById"
URI="http://localhost:8080/axis/services/AvailabilityService">
                <x:attribute
name="encodingStyle">http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/</x:attribute>
                <xsd:string>1234</xsd:string>
            </x:element>

The exception I get is:

org.apache.commons.jelly.JellyTagException: ... : <x:attribute>
Cannot set the value of attribute: encodingStyle as we have already
output the startElement() SAX event

Any thoughts, ideas, places to look for further documentation. (For
example, I am not sure where the Jelly:XML source is coming from ... )

Thanks!

-Dan