commons-user mailing list archives

From Marco Jacob <mja...@picturesafe.de>
Subject Flush by net.ftp.FTPClient.retrieveFile(String, OutputStream)
Date Mon, 06 Sep 2004 14:57:16 GMT
I am new to this list.
Today I switched to the new commons-net.jar libraries because
I found out that

   FTPClient.retrieveFile(String, OutputStream)

flushes the OutputStream after each time it calls write(byte[], int, int).
Unfortunately I habe an RMIOutputStream that transfers the data to a client.
The flush call makes RMIOutputStream write every 1024 over RMI while the
buffer to transfer is 1MB.

I think, FTPClient.retrieveFile(String, OutputStream) should never flush
or close() the given OutputStream. The calling method should do this.

However, can this be changed in the next release?
--
Marco Jacob
picturesafe GmbH

Fon: +49 511 - 856 20 54