commons-user mailing list archives

From ol...@bluewin.ch
Subject RE: SV: How to redirect entire request
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2004 14:27:29 GMT
HTTP spec postulates that ANY entity enclosing methods (put, post) MAY NOT
be automatically redirected for security reasons. One is supposed to execute
a GET against the new location specified in the redirect response and only
then assemble a new entity enclosing method based on the information presented
in the response to that GET method (like a new login form, for instance).

Oleg