commons-user mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FileUtils question..
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2004 21:43:02 GMT
Easiest thing would be to grab the source for
FileUtils.copyFile(File,File,boolean) from
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/io/xref/org/apache/commons/io/FileUtils.html
insert this in your code, and try removing some of the bits to see
what exactly is stopping the access, or if it's a problem in the
underlying JDK (ie your system somehow).

 Looking at FileUtils.copyFile(File,File,boolean), and
CopyUtils.copy(InputStream,OutputStream); there doesn't seem to be
anything obviously bad, however maybe the FTP code in Java doesn't
like the checks at the front of copyFile.

Hen

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 15:17:53 -0400, Chandrasekhar, Preetham
<preetham.chandrasekhar@citigroup.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am having trouble with accessing the ftp using the FileUtils class in the commons.io
package of the Jakarta project.
> Here's the extract of my code which i assume will make sense:
>
> url_copytodir = new URL("ftp://root:pass@aaaaaa.aaa.com/preetemp/try.txt");
> file_copytodir = new File(url_copytodir.getFile());
> FileUtils.copyFile(file1,file_copytodir);
>
> However, even if I am accessing as root and preetemp and try.txt were created by me,
it says access denied!

> I tried copying contents from a file in ftp to a file on the pc that im running the application.....
and that works fine!