commons-user mailing list archives

From Brian Pugh <trashspam2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Betwixt] Mapping Beans to Beans
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2004 03:11:43 GMT

I know this thread is a few weeks old, but I just came across it and I find myself needing
exactly this kind of a framework for mapping beans to beans.  I am very "enthused by this
idea" and would be willing to actively participate on a project to create such a framework.
 Robert, are you implying that this is something you might see being done as an apache project?
 Would others be interested in such a project if an attempt was made to create one?

-Brian

robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
(apologies for being very late to this party, i've not been too well
recently)

not that i know of but it sounds like the kind of crazy tool that
really needs to exist!

i'm sure that this kind of thing has lots of potential uses out there.

mix in a few functors and you'd have a really cool transformation
engine.

there are times when folks are more than a little frustrated by
beanutil's lack of expressiveness when it comes to mapping presentation
to domain objects. reflection is slow but isn't usually the bottleneck
in typical applications. if it is, then there are plenty of cool ways
to fix it now (generate either source or bytecodes).

anyone else out there enthused by this idea?

- robert