commons-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel F. Savarese" <...@savarese.org>
Subject Re: Flush by net.ftp.FTPClient.retrieveFile(String, OutputStream)
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2004 17:16:51 GMT

In message <413E9DB4.9080701@picturesafe.de>, Marco Jacob writes:
>In my current case flushing _at the end_ would be no harm. But

I was talking about flushing at the end for storeFile only; not
for retrieveFile.  And that only because I have vague memories
of some java.io classes not doing the right thing with respect
to writing out their buffers on close in the past.

>However, a note that retrieveFile flushes the stream should be in
>the javadoc comment of this method.

It won't flush it.  I made the change and committed it.  Check out
the CVS HEAD and see if it does what you want.  The copy buffer
size used by FTPClient should probably be configurable, maybe a
retrieveFile and storeFile that takes a buffer size parameter.

daniel