commons-user mailing list archives

From b p <trashspam2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: betwix help needed, can't make run a very simple app!
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 19:36:36 GMT
Does your Races bean have an adder of the correct form?  Should follow the pattern:

public class SomeBean {
    public <CollectionType> getFoo*();
    public void addFoo(<SingularType> foo);
}

See the "Using Adder Methods For Composite Properties" section at  http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/betwixt/guide/binding.html
for a full description.

-Brian

Esteban Lorenzano <elorenzano@snoop.com.ar> wrote:
Hi all,
Please, I need some help here. I have an application, and I want to
migrate all the configuration to xml, and parse with betwixt, but I
can't make work a very-very simple problem:
The xml to parse is:

The code to parse is the following:

BeanReader beanReader = new BeanReader();
beanReader.registerBeanClass("races", Races.class);
beanReader.registerBeanClass("races/race", Race.class);
Races races = (Races)
beanReader.parse(FileProvider.getSystemFile(fileName).getInputStream());

The parsing is successful, and a "Races" object is created, but the
collection with races is empty :-(
What can be happening?

Thanks in advance,
Esteban

Pd: sorry if my English is not cool... I'm not a speaker