commons-user mailing list archives

From "Chandrasekhar, Preetham" <preetham.chandrasek...@citigroup.com>
Subject FileUtils question..
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2004 19:17:53 GMT
Hi,
I am having trouble with accessing the ftp using the FileUtils class in the commons.io package
of the Jakarta project.
Here's the extract of my code which i assume will make sense:

url_copytodir = new URL("ftp://root:pass@aaaaaa.aaa.com/preetemp/try.txt");
file_copytodir = new File(url_copytodir.getFile());
FileUtils.copyFile(file1,file_copytodir);

However, even if I am accessing as root and preetemp and try.txt were created by me, it says
access denied!

I tried copying contents from a file in ftp to a file on the pc that im running the application.....
and that works fine!
Is there anyway of achieving this task using FileUtils only?!

Any suggestions?
thanks
Preetham