commons-user mailing list archives

From "Stephen Charles Huey" <stephenh...@fastmail.fm>
Subject Re: HttpClient: submit via input of type="image"
Date Sat, 11 Sep 2004 08:39:22 GMT
I heartily agree.  I've been using HttpClient off and on this past year
and have fortunately been able to use it quite effectively, and I know
to check for Javascript that sets necessary hidden variables as the form
is being submitted, etc.  I convinced myself that I was dealing with a
new problem that defied all the tiny bit of knowledge I have on web
standards on HTTP requests, but I found out it has to do with redirects
and cookies instead.

There's no way to set it to automatically follow redirects and so avoid
the following message, is there?  Here it is:
-------
Sep 11, 2004 3:28:03 AM org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase
processRedirectResponse

INFO: Redirect requested but followRedirects is disabled
-------

Also, in the case of an error saying "Cookie rejected" due to an
"Illegal path attribute", can we get it to accept it anyway?  Do we have
to write our own subclass like what is mentioned here:

http://www.mail-archive.com/commons-httpclient-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg06800.html