commons-user mailing list archives

From Fernando Matias Valadão <fernandovala...@mg.unitech.com.br>
Subject Computing values for f(x,y) [math]
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2004 18:52:11 GMT
Hello, people!

I'm developing a Java project that I need to do something like this:
1 - Define a function like this, for example: f(x,y) = 2*x + y/3 + 5
2 - Compute a value for this function when I have values for "x" and "y"

I found out in thd docs that I can only find the roots for a function.
Does anybody know if I can do this evalutation with Commons Math?
If I can't, do you know any other API/framework that supports something like this?
Thanks in advance

Fernando