commons-user mailing list archives

From "Marco Mistroni" <mmistr...@waersystems.com>
Subject Digester trimming whitespaces
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2004 08:40:58 GMT
Hello all,
	I am currently having a problem (?) with digester in the
Sense that in parsing XML is 'trimming' whitespaces..

Here are the details of what is happening..

I have a client that is requesting XML from a webservice.
Once received, the client parses it using digester..

In the XML I have a <content> tag that contains some data.</content>

Normally, (in 5 cases out of 6), xml is like this

<content>|HEADER|some csv data|FOOTER|</content>

but in 1 case out of 6, xml is like this..

<content> some csv data</content>

yes, there is a WHITESPACE before the text.

When digester is parsing the XML, the result of the
<content> tag will be    'some csv data',  AND THE
whitespace is trimmed....

anyone can help?
I found a post by Robert burrell donkin about that (it was dated  Sun,
13 Jul 2003 15:31:41 -0700)

I found no followsup.... anyone can update me, or tell me how to solve
my problem?

Thanx in advance and regards
	marco