commons-user mailing list archives

From Betty Koon <bk...@adobe.com>
Subject Common Validator (please help)
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2004 01:34:45 GMT
Hi All,

I am getting the following exception from validator by doing a simple check
on required field (using struts 1.2.3). I have no clue why this is happening
and the stack trace didn't give me any useful info.  Please help.  Thanks.

-Betty

18:28:50,864 ERROR [ValidatorForm]
org.apache.struts.validator.FieldChecks.validateRequired(java.lang.Object,
org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorAction,
org.apache.commons.validator.Field, org.apache.struts.action.ActionMessages,
javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest)

org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorException:
org.apache.struts.validator.FieldChecks.validateRequired(java.lang.Object,
org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorAction,
org.apache.commons.validator.Field, org.apache.struts.action.ActionMessages,
javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest)

at
org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorAction.loadValidationMethod(ValidatorA
ction.java:627)

at
org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorAction.executeValidationMethod(Validat
orAction.java:557)

at org.apache.commons.validator.Field.validateForRule(Field.java:811)

at org.apache.commons.validator.Field.validate(Field.java:890)

at org.apache.commons.validator.Form.validate(Form.java:174)

at org.apache.commons.validator.Validator.validate(Validator.java:367)

at
org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorForm.validate(ValidatorForm.java:152)