commons-user mailing list archives

From "Matthias Wessendorf" <maili...@matthias-wessendorf.de>
Subject RE: [ANNOUNCMENT] Digester 1.6 Released
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2004 10:07:17 GMT
hi robert,

> (i think that this is in the release notes but maybe i didn't explain
> this very well.)
>
> the rss implementation is really an example of digester (as
> opposed to
> core digester functionality). so, we decided that it would be better
> not to include the classes in the actual digester jar. they haven't
> changed in ages (the ones from the 1.5 jar will work fine with 1.6
> digester) but the recommended approach is to download the digester
> source release (which still contains the classes) and use the build
> script found in digester/example/rss. hopefully ant dist
> should create
> a jar containing the rss application.

thanks for the detailed information. I will look at it!
But it was only a first question, when I looked at
binary distri.

> if you need to patch up the script, please consider donating your
> improvements back to apache. (opening a bugzilla report is
> the best way
> to submit a patch). if not, then please consider adding something to
> the wiki (http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons). you'll
> need to sign
> up with an email address before you can edit.
>
> BTW if you're looking for more modern RSS versions, kevin's
> working on
> something RSS-related in the sandbox which is probably worth a look.

Ah, cool! I just looked at Feedparsers, seams to be interessting!
I used Digester_RSS in Apache MyFaces' RssTickerComponent,
since we use Digester in our XML-Configuration.

Thanks for the info of that!!!

Regards,
Matthia