commons-user mailing list archives

From "Mattias Bogeblad" <mattias.bogeb...@sprawlsolutions.se>
Subject SV: How to redirect entire request
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2004 14:06:22 GMT
Hi,

I can understand why some cookies get's filtered away and I can even
live without cookies. But the rest of the request must be possible to
redirect. I have managed to do it manually for simple parameters but I'm
not sure how to do it when multipart-requests comes in for example. I
would like my servlet to be as simple as possible.

Regards
Mattias Bogeblad

Mattias Bogeblad  |  PH: +46 31 761 09 03 |  MOB: +46 702 80 05 05
SPRAWL SOLUTIONS AB
Drottningatan 5
403 14 GÖTEBORG

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: olegk@bluewin.ch [mailto:olegk@bluewin.ch]
Skickat: den 24 september 2004 15:57
Till: Jakarta Commons Users List
Ämne: RE: How to redirect entire request

Plain and simple, you can't. For instance, a cookie can have domain &
path
attributes that define visibility of that particular cookie. If the
cookie
embedded in the original request is not applicable for the new location
specified
in the redirect response, it will not be (automatically) included. Your
only
change is to disable automatic redirect handling and manually provide
whatever
redirect logic that suits your application.

Hope this clarifies things a little

Oleg