commons-user mailing list archives

From Craig McClanahan <craig...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: BeanUtils copProperties with Struts and Torque?
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2004 17:08:57 GMT
The PropertyUtils.copyProperties() method does *not* perform any type
conversions -- it expects the types to match already.  However,
BeanUtils.copyProperties() will apply the appropriate converters that
have been registered in ConvertUtils for you.  That makes it more
useful for copying data to a DTO (which uses native data types) from a
form bean (which typically uses Strings).

Craig