commons-user mailing list archives

From Craig McClanahan <craig...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Digester] Mapping with primatives
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2004 15:45:02 GMT
On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 10:13:38 -0400, Mike Zatko <mzatko@boscovs.com> wrote:
> I have a problem where I need digester to map to primitive values. I
> have a bean that has properties with setters as such:
>
> setDiscountTotal(double discountTotal);
>
> Digester won't match to it and I can't find out what to do. Any suggestions?

You don't show the code you're using to initialize the rules, but the
log implies that you are configuring your CallNextRule instances
without telling Digester what data type to use.  In such a scenario,
Digester assumes that the argument is a String.

Try something like this:

  digester.addCallMethod("...", "setDiscountTotal", 1,
    new String[] { "java.lang.Double" });

Craig