commons-user mailing list archives

From Dion Gillard <dion.gill...@gmail.com>
Subject JEXL and ant like properties
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2004 07:32:59 GMT
I know this is an issue for Maven and Jelly, specifically
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JELLY-87

I've got a solution that allows JEXL to handle the following:

        JexlContext jc = JexlHelper.createContext();
        String value = "Stinky Cheese";
        jc.getVars().put("maven.bob.food", value);
        // ant property maven.bob.food executing the length method
        assertExpression(jc, "maven.bob.food.length()", new
Integer(value.length()));
        // using empty on maven.bob.food
        assertExpression(jc, "empty(maven.bob.food)", Boolean.FALSE);

        assertExpression(jc, "size(maven.bob.food)", new
Integer(value.length()));
        assertExpression(jc, "maven.bob.food + ' is good'", value + " is good");