commons-user mailing list archives

From Dion Gillard <dion.gill...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] JEXL and a release
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2004 02:16:30 GMT
On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 10:52:28 +0900, Geoff Waggott <geoff@zergsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using JEXL in a XMLC-like XML transformation library I'm writing.
Cool.

> Overall it seems very stable. There are a couple issues I've come across:
> - The overloaded + string concatenation operator only seems to work for
> string literals.

I just created a test for that and it fails. Will look into it.

> - The in-built size method interferes with any size property or method
> defined on the object being referenced.

Can you give us some examples to formulate a test case?

> I've just tested these using the latest binary drop 2004/08/23. For some
> reason the jar file in this distribution is still labelled as  beta-1,

Where did you get the distribution?

> whereas the javadoc on the web site is for beta-3. Where do I obtain a
> beta-3 distribution to test against?

You can build it from CVS.

> In addition I'd like to make the following feature requests:
> - Being able to call methods on literals
This is worth looking into as long as it doesn't change the grammar.

> - A ternary ? operator
Hmmm...I'm loathe to change the grammar for the release. This sounds
like a 1.1 feature.

> Anyway my vote goes for another beta with the above issues outstanding.
> [ ] Release Candidate
> [X] Beta Release

Thanks Geoff!