commons-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew Ferguson" <Andrew.Fergu...@arm.com>
Subject RE: C# implementation of Jakarta-Commons
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2004 12:41:14 GMT
ikvm might be able to compile the jar directly for .NET?

http://weblog.ikvm.net/

-----Original Message-----
From: Bart Read [mailto:bart.read@red-gate.com]
Sent: 03 August 2004 11:22
To: commons-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: C# implementation of Jakarta-Commons

Dear All,

I've been a user of the Commons libraries for some time now on Java
projects that I've been involved with.  However, I've recently started
working for a Microsoft shop who use C#, and have found that to begin
with the .NET collections libraries are fairly woeful compared with
those provided as standard with Java (e.g. where is Set or a comparable
interface?).  So I wondered if anybody was aware of a project to
implement a C# version of the Commons, or something similar?  A quick
search of the web hasn't revealed anything so far.

Many thanks,

Bart Read