commons-user mailing list archives

From "Tim Reilly" <tim.rei...@consultant.com>
Subject RE: [FileUpload] new user, querying functionality? commons-fileupload
Date Fri, 27 Aug 2004 20:46:34 GMT
Hi David,

>     --
>     the functionality of the infomentum applet as a /contrib
>     optional/additional piece of [FileUpload]?
>
> I will... if you confirm its the com.oreilly.servlet package I
> should be asking about :-) It seems to fit the bill.
>
>    We would need to
>     see about a code signing certificate. Then you could
>     contribute back, and possible get some help with it. Can or
>     would applets be able satisfy your accessibility
>     requirements - though?
> I've tried reading the java accessibility code, but I'm no expert,
> and it looks 'hard sums' :-)
>   I've yet to find a java package with accessibility built in
> from the ground up.
>

>     --
>     My guess is that you currently have script to add an
>     additional input type=file as needed. For accessibility you
>     probably need a noscript section that allows the user to
>     request the same "add another file" server-side.
>
> I've asked a colleague to check out my jscript, I'll let you know.

I was just pointing to the com.oreilly.servlet package FAQ...last question
reads:

"I want an applet client so I can upload a full directory of files (or some
such thing). Where can I find that?

Yes, see http://www.infomentum.com/appletfile/. It's loaded with features
like directory-at-a-time uploading. Tell them Servlets.com sent you!"

I wasn't suggesting to use COS since the FileUpload functionality exists in
Jakarta [fileupload]; I prefer the Jakarta version. It was just a reference
to look at regarding java interoperability.

I'll be away for a few weeks w/ intermittent email, but I like the idea of
having a client/applet like Infomentum's in o.a.c.fileupload as a
supplemental or contrib package, perhaps we can see about doing something
there.

Best Regards,
-TR