commons-user mailing list archives

From Voyer Henry <Henry.Vo...@loto-quebec.com>
Subject RE : [Betwixt] Mapping Beans to Beans
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2004 20:14:06 GMT
Hi.

Why use betwixt when u can use java proxy api?

In some case, beans with proxys are used in logging, security, redirection,
etc.

regards

-----Message d'origine-----
De : robert burrell donkin [mailto:robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk]
Envoyé : 16 août, 2004 16:05
À : Jakarta Commons Users List
Objet : Re: [Betwixt] Mapping Beans to Beans

(apologies for being very late to this party, i've not been too well
recently)

not that i know of but it sounds like the kind of crazy tool that
really needs to exist!

i'm sure that this kind of thing has lots of potential uses out there.

mix in a few functors and you'd have a really cool transformation
engine.

there are times when folks are more than a little frustrated by
beanutil's lack of expressiveness when it comes to mapping presentation
to domain objects. reflection is slow but isn't usually the bottleneck
in typical applications. if it is, then there are plenty of cool ways
to fix it now (generate either source or bytecodes).

anyone else out there enthused by this idea?

- robert