commons-user mailing list archives

From Guy Katz <gk...@allot.com>
Subject RE: [FileUpload] character encoding problem (URGENT! PLZ HELP!)
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2004 14:34:32 GMT
hi;
 i tried setCharacterEncoding also and it did not work for me.
the alternative is another library implemented by jason hunter. you can find
it on http://www.servlets.com/cos/index.html .  it is well known, commonly
used, stable package that has been around for a long time now.
i have deployed it in massive scale production applications in my last
company.

-----Original Message-----
From: jlo@mgn.net [mailto:jlo@mgn.net]
Sent: Monday, August 09, 2004 3:24 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: RE: [FileUpload] character encoding problem (URGENT! PLZ HELP!)

> there is a very well known stable package alternative which accepts an
encoding parameter to the multipart/form-data parser and  works great

Are you talking of an alternative implementation of the Commons-FileUpload
(like with new FileItemFactory and so on) or a totally different
framework/library?
Anyway, I'm interested in it... Could you give me more info?

BTW, I tried some other ideas (using request.setCharacterEncoding(String
encoding) and using FileItem.getString(String encoding)) but none worked...