commons-user mailing list archives

From "T.J. Hoo" <tj...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: HttpClient ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2004 03:14:43 GMT
Hi Mike,

The URL is correct. The GetMethod is executed within a for loop, and this
exception occured only in some loops...

Well, maybe it is the server that cannot cope up the speed, and delaying the
loop might help in this case.

Anyway, what is the HttpClient.setTimeout() really means? Why it is not
applicable in this case where the server could be down/slow in returning the
response?