commons-user mailing list archives

From David.Paw...@rnib.org.uk
Subject RE: [FileUpload] new user, querying functionality? commons-fileup load
Date Fri, 27 Aug 2004 08:11:21 GMT

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Martin Cooper
    > I don't know why the rfc didn't go with a multiple
    attribute - such as
    > the multiple attribute of the SELECT element, but oh well.

    Don't blame the RFC. It specifically allows for the
    uploading of multiple files in one go. It's just that most
    browsers don't support that functionality. (I think Opera
    does, but I'm not certain.)

The HTML working group of W3C didn't fully take up the rfc!
Hence its not in html 4.01, the last of the old brigade.
  I guess we'll have to wait for xforms functionality in
the mainstream browsers to see if that's got it. I haven't checked
as yet.

regards daveP

--
DISCLAIMER: