commons-user mailing list archives

From David.Paw...@rnib.org.uk
Subject RE: [FileUpload] new user, querying functionality? commons-fileup load
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2004 06:52:09 GMT
Hi Martin.

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Martin Cooper
    > Detail: Webpage (tomcat).
    > User logs in, and is checked out (mysql).
    > User enters required metadata, then selects files.
    >
    > Action required is for the client to transfer a number of
    files up to
    > the server, which will then store them away .
    >
    > 1. Does this package do the 'file chooser' task, whereby
    the client
    > selects the file list for upload? Or is jscript needed for this?

    Neither. Your browser takes care of this.

Which is my problem. HTML simply doesn't cater for multiple file
selection without some sort of hack, I can kludge it in javascript,
but it amounts to a recursive repeat of 'add another file upload'.
  Hence my search for a better solution.

The rest seems a good match with FileUpload capabilities.

Just this area missing. I can buy java software for multiple file
upload (the files chooser side), but mine must be accessible
to blind and partially sighted users, and its unlikely to have
been thought of with a commercial product.

Ah well. I'll keep looking.

Thanks for the response.

regards DaveP

--