commons-user mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: [Jelly/Jexl] How to add two int values?
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2004 09:18:54 GMT
I agree sometimes casting is surprising in jexl and jelly... making
this clear would be a strong contribution for the maturity of both.
When I get stuck with these, I solve it using another annoyance: the
minus sign.

It's as simple as that: ${x+y-0} will always be a number or throw if x
or y cannot be made to a number.
Do note that "null" may be made into "0", I fear.

paul