commons-user mailing list archives

From Mark Drew <MD...@realm.com>
Subject RE: [Log4j & Commons-Logging] Issues with FileAppender
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2004 13:35:12 GMT
Have you tried setting BufferedIO=false?

-----Original Message-----
From: Venkatesh Prasad Ranganath
[mailto:comfortably007numb-python@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, August 06, 2004 8:37 PM
To: commons-user@jakarta.apache.org
Cc: log4j-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: [Log4j & Commons-Logging] Issues with FileAppender

Hi,

I am using Log4j 1.2.8 with commons-logging and I am having an issue.  The
following is my appender configuration.

log4j.appender.A1=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
log4j.appender.A1.File=log4j.log
log4j.appender.A1.Append=false
log4j.appender.A1.BufferedIO=true
log4j.appender.A1.ImmediateFlush=true
log4j.appender.A1.BufferSize=102400

However, the last part of the log dump is missing from log4j.log. As for the
programming, all I do is obtain logger and call
one of the logging methods on it.   This does not happen when I use
ConsoleAppender.

Is this a log4j issue or a Commons-logging issue?  Is there a fix?

waiting for reply,

--

Venkatesh Prasad Ranganath,
Dept. Computing and Information Science,

NOTICE: This communication contains information which is confidential to
Realm Business Solutions, Inc. or its subsidiary ("Realm"). If you are not
the intended recipient of this communication, please delete and destroy all
copies. If you are the intended recipient of this communication, you should
not copy, disclose or distribute this communication without Realm's
authority. Any views expressed in this communication are those of the
individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be
Realm's views. Except as required by law, Realm does not represent, warrant
or guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained
nor that the communication is free of errors, virus, interception or
interference.