commons-user mailing list archives

From Schalk Neethling <sch...@volume4.co.za>
Subject Re: [FileUpload] new user, querying functionality? commons-fileupload
Date Fri, 27 Aug 2004 21:26:23 GMT
How many files do you want to upload at a time? I have had no problem
uploading up to five at one time using either five file fields or
reading a directories files and loading them as a list of tick boxes.

Tim Reilly wrote:

>Hi David,
>

>>    --
>>    the functionality of the infomentum applet as a /contrib
>>    optional/additional piece of [FileUpload]?
>>
>>I will... if you confirm its the com.oreilly.servlet package I
>>should be asking about :-) It seems to fit the bill.
>>
>>   We would need to
>>    see about a code signing certificate. Then you could
>>    contribute back, and possible get some help with it. Can or
>>    would applets be able satisfy your accessibility
>>    requirements - though?
>>I've tried reading the java accessibility code, but I'm no expert,
>>and it looks 'hard sums' :-)
>>  I've yet to find a java package with accessibility built in
>>from the ground up.
>>

>>    --
>>    My guess is that you currently have script to add an
>>    additional input type=file as needed. For accessibility you
>>    probably need a noscript section that allows the user to
>>    request the same "add another file" server-side.
>>
>>I've asked a colleague to check out my jscript, I'll let you know.
>>

>I was just pointing to the com.oreilly.servlet package FAQ...last question
>reads:
>
>"I want an applet client so I can upload a full directory of files (or some
>such thing). Where can I find that?
>
>Yes, see http://www.infomentum.com/appletfile/. It's loaded with features
>like directory-at-a-time uploading. Tell them Servlets.com sent you!"
>
>I wasn't suggesting to use COS since the FileUpload functionality exists in
>Jakarta [fileupload]; I prefer the Jakarta version. It was just a reference
>to look at regarding java interoperability.
>
>I'll be away for a few weeks w/ intermittent email, but I like the idea of
>having a client/applet like Infomentum's in o.a.c.fileupload as a
>supplemental or contrib package, perhaps we can see about doing something
>there.
>
>Best Regards,
>-TR

Kind Regards
Schalk Neethling
Volume4.Development.Multimedia.Branding
Tel: +27125468436
Fax: +27125468436
email:schalk@volume4.co.za
Global: www.volume4.com
South-Africa: www.volume4.co.za

This message contains information that is considered to be sensitive or confidential and may
not be forwarded or disclosed to any other party without the permission of the sender. If
you received this message in error, please notify me immediately so that I can correct and
delete the original email. Thank you.