commons-user mailing list archives

From ol...@bluewin.ch
Subject RE: [httpClient] ClassLoader problem
Date Mon, 30 Aug 2004 11:21:13 GMT
Hi Sascha,

I believe you can work this problem around by providing a custom socket factory
that creates secure sockets using IAIK SSL directly, rather than through
the JSSE.

See the HttpClient SSL guide for details

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/sslguide.html

I have been using HttpClient with IAIK SSL in production for three years.
It just takes a custom socket factory to get them coexist quite well.

On the classloader issue, HttpClient 2.0.x does not load classes dynamically.
So there's no way to get it to use another classloader

Hope this helps

Oleg