commons-user mailing list archives

From Geoff Waggott <ge...@webartjapan.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] JEXL and a release
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2004 05:34:50 GMT
Hi Jake,

Maybe transformation is the wrong word... DOM aware templating? I'm only
concerned with producing a manipulated copy of a template document
rather than translating between XML dialects.

Transfomations/DOM manipulations are specified by a simple XML-based
language (probably a misuse of XML, but hey it's easy to parse).
Elements in the target are referenced in the transformation by their id.
JEXL is used to extract data from the java data object model to put into
the transformed result. I use it unsurprisingly to present dynamic web
pages.

OK almost completely unlike XMLC, but it was inspired by XMLC, along
with Zope Page Templates and XSLT. If my boss lets me and people think
that there's a need for yet another web presentation technology we may
open source it.

Cheers,
Geoff