commons-user mailing list archives

From Geoff Waggott <ge...@zergsoft.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] JEXL and a release
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2004 03:34:18 GMT
Hi again Dion,

Actually I'm a bit confused about by this.

In the course of writing the test program for the size problem I wrote
tests for the string concatenation as well and they worked. In my tests
for the my library using JEXL it doesn't. I am wrapping the JexlContext
to hide the dependency on JEXL (in case I make the expression language
puggable later). Using my wrapping class in a simple test program it
still works!!!

I'll investigate further and try the latest version of JEXL from CVS.

The exception I get in the tests for my product looks like this:
Caused by: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "Testing"
        at
java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:48)
        at
java.lang.FloatingDecimal.readJavaFormatString(FloatingDecimal.java:1213)
        at java.lang.Double.valueOf(Double.java:184)
        at java.lang.Double.<init>(Double.java:259)
        at
org.apache.commons.jexl.util.Coercion.coerceDouble(Coercion.java:122)
        at
org.apache.commons.jexl.parser.ASTAddNode.value(ASTAddNode.java:83)
        at
org.apache.commons.jexl.parser.ASTExpression.value(ASTExpression.java:47)
        at
org.apache.commons.jexl.ExpressionImpl.evaluate(ExpressionImpl.java:83)

Anyway thanks again for your quick action on this.

Geoff

Dion Gillard wrote:

>On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 10:52:28 +0900, Geoff Waggott <geoff@zergsoft.com> wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I'm using JEXL in a XMLC-like XML transformation library I'm writing.
>>Overall it seems very stable. There are a couple issues I've come across:
>>- The overloaded + string concatenation operator only seems to work for
>>string literals.
>>

>The above bug was fixed and a test case added to ensure it stays fixed :-)

Geoff Waggott <geoff@zergsoft.com>
ZergSoft
Tel:   (052) 930-7790
FAX:   (052) 930-7791