commons-user mailing list archives

From Geoff Waggott <ge...@zergsoft.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] JEXL and a release
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2004 01:52:28 GMT
Hi,

I'm using JEXL in a XMLC-like XML transformation library I'm writing.
Overall it seems very stable. There are a couple issues I've come across:
- The overloaded + string concatenation operator only seems to work for
string literals.
- The in-built size method interferes with any size property or method
defined on the object being referenced.

I've just tested these using the latest binary drop 2004/08/23. For some
reason the jar file in this distribution is still labelled as  beta-1,
whereas the javadoc on the web site is for beta-3. Where do I obtain a
beta-3 distribution to test against?

In addition I'd like to make the following feature requests:
- Being able to call methods on literals
- A ternary ? operator

What would the "strict-mode" be for?

Anyway my vote goes for another beta with the above issues outstanding.
[ ] Release Candidate
[X] Beta Release

Regards,
Geoff

Paul Libbrecht wrote:

> I think people using Jexl outside of Jelly should speak here.
> Peter ?
>
> paul
>
> PS: Dion, is there some documentation somewhere about a "strict-mode"
> for Jexl which someone offered as a patch about four months ago ?
>

> Le 21 août 04, à 11:18, Dion Gillard a écrit :
>
>> In the meantime, I suggest we issue either a new beta release or an
>> Release Candidate.
>
> [X] Release Candidate
> [ ] Beta Release

Geoff Waggott <geoff@zergsoft.com>