commons-user mailing list archives

From Dirk Verbeeck <dirk.verbe...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: [DBCP] Somebody explain me eviction feature ?
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2004 09:42:54 GMT
The eviction thread will run every "timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis" ms.
Each run it will test "numTestsPerEvictionRun" connections.
First it will test if a connection has been idle for more then
"minEvictableIdleTimeMillis" ms and remove the connection if it is too
old.
Secondly if testWhileIdle is enabled the connection will be tested
using the validationQuery and invalid connection are removed.
At the end the eviction thread also checks the minIdle and creates new
connections if needed.

If you use testOnBorrow then you don't need testWhileIdle.
Evicting old cnnections is usefull wel you have a database or firewell
that closes idle connections.

-- Dirk