commons-user mailing list archives

From Dirk Verbeeck <dirk.verbe...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: [DBCP] Database pool blocked
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2004 09:28:55 GMT
Hi,

If you have a testcase for your SharedPoolDataSource, I can take a
look at it.
You should indeed verify if connection.close() is called every time
(even if an SQLException or other error occurs)
One possibility is to turn on the "abandoned" feature to log & remove
lost connection (to find the leak).

maxWait = the time the pool will wait for a free connection
         = the time your program will wait for a free connection
         = the time the end-user has to wait for a response

So 6000 is reasonable, depends a bit on the kind of users you have.

See next mail for eviction

-- Dirk