commons-user mailing list archives

From T E Schmitz <mail...@numerixtechnology.de>
Subject Re: [Configuration] load config files from ddifferent jars
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2004 20:11:48 GMT
Hallo Oliver,
Thanks for your response.

I tested this on Windoze 2000 but the application will eventually run on
Linux. But this shouldn't come into it as the properties file resides in
another jar file (see example below).
The jar containing the properties file is called biz.jar and the
properties file is in the root package "biz". Hence I tried to refer to
the prop file as "/biz/prop.properties". The jar containing the
composite config .xml is called app.jar. Both jar files are in the
classpath of the application.

I certainly do not want to have to specify the other jar file using an
absolute file name.

I got the following exception which shows that the ConfigurationFactory
is trying to load biz/properties, i.e. a file in the same jar as the
composite config .xml.

Here's a stack trace snippet.

Caused by: org.apache.commons.configuration.ConfigurationException:
Could not load from file /biz/prop.properties
	at
org.apache.commons.configuration.PropertiesConfiguration.load(PropertiesConfiguration.java:107)
	at
org.apache.commons.configuration.PropertiesConfiguration.load(PropertiesConfiguration.java:90)
	... 19 more
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: JAR entry biz/prop.properties
not found in K:\Projects\Ffordes\development\ffordes_0-2\build\dist\app.jar
	at
sun.net.www.protocol.jar.JarURLConnection.connect(JarURLConnection.java:97)
	at
sun.net.www.protocol.jar.JarURLConnection.getInputStream(JarURLConnection.java:107)
	at java.net.URL.openStream(URL.java:913)
	at
org.apache.commons.configuration.PropertiesConfiguration.getPropertyStream(PropertiesConfiguration.java:134)
	at
org.apache.commons.configuration.PropertiesConfiguration.load(PropertiesConfiguration.java:102)

Regards,
Tarlika