commons-user mailing list archives

From T E Schmitz <mail...@numerixtechnology.de>
Subject [Configuration] load config files from ddifferent jars
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2004 16:06:35 GMT
Hello,

I would like to set up a configuration factory specifying a properties
file which does not reside in the same jar as the composite
configuration .xml file.

Example:

<configuration>
     <properties fileName="application.properties"/>
     <properties fileName="/biz/prop.properties"/>
     <hierarchicalDom4j fileName="objects/business-objects.xml"/>
</configuration>

It appears that the leading slash is stripped and an attempt is made to
read biz/prop.properties from the .jar file where above .xml config
resides.

I notice there is a setBasePath() which would probably solve the problem
if all composite config files resides below the same basepath. But in my
case the various config files reside in different jar files.

Is there a way of loading the various config files from different .jar
files?

--

Regards/Gruß,

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz