commons-user mailing list archives

From Andreas Schildbach <andr...@schildbach.de>
Subject [commons-logging] Initialization of JDK1.4-Logger
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2004 15:31:19 GMT
I'm current developing an application that directly uses the JDK1.4
java.util.logging-Framework. However, it also utilizes a framework
(Spring) that uses commons-logging for logging.

Ideally, I'd like to set log levels at one central place. For my
application, the choice is easy: I'm using one logging.properties and
append -Djava.util.logging.config.file to the JVM options.

Unfortunately, commons-logging seems to do its own programmatic
initialization of the JDK logging component: my configuration file is
ignored for all output of the Spring framework. One of the authors of
Spring claims that Spring is not doing any special. I also found no
mention of this issue in the docs/faq.

My question: How can I make commons-logging to _not_ initialize the
underlying logging component and use the default configuration mechanism
of the component instead?

The issue in Spring JIRA:

http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/spring/browse/SPR-245

Regards,