commons-user mailing list archives

From brian lee yung rowe <public_br...@muxspace.com>
Subject Re: [logging] Invalid class loader hierarchy w/Ant+Hibernate+Logging (or the case of the unseen Log spectre)
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2004 14:30:36 GMT
Hi:

The target I'm using within Ant is below. Unfortunately, the fork attribute is
not allowed within taskdef elements. Also, I did check for other instances of
the org.apache.commons.logging.Log class within every jar in my classpath;
there happens to be one in Ant's lib (which is not in my classpath), but even
when I removed that, I received the same error.

As I said before, if I remove the commons-logging package, then I get a
NoClassDefFoundError, so if there were another instance of the class, why
would I get this error?

<target name="schema" depends="init">
  <taskdef name="schemaexport"
     classname="net.sf.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.SchemaExportTask"
     classpath="${java.class.path}:${src.conf}" />

  <schemaexport
     properties="${src.conf}/hibernate.cfg.xml"
     quiet="no"
     text="no"
     drop="no"
     delimiter=";"
     output="schema-export.sql">
    <fileset dir="${src.conf}">
      <include name="**/*.hbm.xml"/>
    </fileset>
  </schemaexport>
</target>

I am using a script that I wrote to check every Jar in the classpath for the
Log class, and the only one that shows up is in the commons logging package.
If you wish to see the script, I can post it in another email.

Thanks,
Brian

--
"to disappear in the minds of others is inevitable"
 mux space dot com