commons-user mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mfncoo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [File Upload] Unable to delete tmp file
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2004 05:01:27 GMT
There is a known problem related to files not being cleaned up until
the container (really, the JVM) shuts down. There is also a known fix
for this, which will show up in the nightly builds when I find the
time to get it in.

However, I'm not aware of a bug that would cause the files to not be
removed when you explicitly call the delete() method. The most obvious
scenario in which this would happen would be if you were somehow
keeping the file open elsewhere, so that's worth checking.

If you can provide a test case, or a reproducible example, that would
help greatly.

--
Martin Cooper